If you’re thinking of buying a shipping container for your home or business, there are a few things you need to know. Here’s a quick guide from Shipping Containers Melbourne:
- Decide what size you need. Shipping containers come in Standard (20ft) and High Cube (40ft) sizes. Standard containers are 8ft 6in tall, while High Cubes are 9ft 6in tall. Consider what you’ll be using the container for and how much space you need. The price difference between a 20ft or 40ft container is pretty substantial, so if make sure you know exactly how much space you will need to choose correctly.
- Choose the right material. Shipping containers are made from either Corten steel or aluminium. What you intend to use your container for can inform you which material will benefit you the most. Corten steel is more durable and weather-resistant, making it ideal for long-term storage or outdoor use. Aluminium is lighter and easier to modify, so it’s a good choice for conversion projects.
- Consider the condition of the container. Used shipping containers can be a great bargain, but make sure you inspect them carefully before buying. Look for signs of rust, damage or leaks. If you’re buying from a reputable dealer, they should be able to provide photos and videos of the inside and outside of the container. Also ask if you can come and see the container in person before sending any money as unfortunately some people do try and do the wrong thing and use fake photos for their advertisement.
- Get a quote. Once you know what you need, get in touch with us for a quote. Shipping prices can vary depending on the size and weight of the container, as well as the distance it needs to travel. Also ensure that you ask about any hidden fees that a company may charge and ask if they will price match what a competitor is offering. Taking a little extra time to ask specified questions could end up saving you a decent amount of money.
- Make your purchase. Once you’ve found the right container at the right price, it’s time to make your purchase. Most dealers accept payment by credit card, bank transfer or cash. You’ll usually need to pay a deposit upfront, with the balance due when the container is delivered. You can also discuss with the business before purchase if they offer any type of financing options.
If you’re looking for quality shipping containers for sale at great prices, Shipping Containers Melbourne can help. We have a wide range of new and used containers in stock, and our team can deliver anywhere in Australia. Whether you need a container for general purpose, to safely carry your transported goods, need extra storage or anything else, we’ve got you covered.
We work to keep our prices as fair and competitive as possible. A basic container can start out as little as a few thousand dollars. A basic starter accommodation container, with sliding glass doors, insulated roof, split system air conditioning and electrical fit out can come in at under at $10,000. Hiring a container from us can start off at less than a cup of coffee at just $3 a day. Let us know your budget and we will work to give you the best container within your means.
We can take a metal box and turn it into something spectacular with our container modifications. We create a massive variety of structures for our Aussie clients from coffee shops to cafes, bars, work studios, exhibitions and so much more. With years of experience under our belts we can help you to design a space that not only looks fantastic but also functions smoothly and utilises the space to the best of its capabilities.
We also have a range of pre modified containers for construction, mining, energy and agriculture worksites such as site offices, first aid blocks, ablution blocks and everything you need to set up a fully functioning work site in a flash.
Shipping container homes are becoming increasingly popular as many people around the world are looking to live a more minimal/ ecofriendly lifestyle. A container home can have all the essentials of a normal home including a kitchen with sink and stove top, shower, toilet, air conditioning, electricity, and internet connectivity. Having a smaller home allows people to be able to spend their money elsewhere such as buying larger blocks of land or travelling the country and world regularly.
It’s also a great for those wanting to get their foot into the property market. The cost of a tiny home is only a fraction of that of a regular brick and mortar property. People don’t have to stretch their finances so far and can typically pay off their mortgages a lot faster.
Many people also like to use a tiny home for granny flat purposes. Whether the in-laws are needing to move in, a teenager needs their own private space, or you want to make a little extra cash by renting out to holiday makers, it makes a great addition to any home with a plethora of uses.
Although shipping containers have limited space, they are stackable and able to be extended upwards and outwards. So, if in the future you find things are getting a little tight in your tiny home, you can expand on and add on extensions as you see fit.
We are a 100% Australian owned company, and all our modified containers are created in our Australian modification centre. You can support and Australian business and have peace of mind knowing that you are receiving high quality products and workmanship.
Providing our customers with high quality products and outstanding customer service is a priority of ours. It doesn’t matter if you need to hire a container for a limited time or want to purchase loads of containers for a remote working site, we deliver exceptional service to every customer. Some of our biggest clients to date include QANATS, RMIT University, Meyer, Victorian AFL, Nudie and countless small Aussie businesses and everyday people.
Shipping Containers Melbourne your only stop to hire, modify, or buy a shipping container. Get touch with us today for a free quote.